THE MOST DELICIOUS CORN AND BLACK BEAN SALAD
Happy 4th of July friends! With all the festivities going on for this Holiday week/weekend I know that most will be invited to BBQs, shin-digs and fireworks cook outs and like always you are usually asked to bring a side dish. So here is you last minute, lets throw it together and go- the most delicious corn and bean salad. Trust me you won’t be disappointed as this recipe is one for the books friends!
This little tasty beauty of a side dish/ salad is the most delicious corn and black bean salad ever and one that has always been a crowd pleaser, even with the pickiest of friends. It’s full flavor, bold, spicy and satisfying. So go ahead, bring this to the next BYOSD (bring your own side dish) party and be the winner amongst your foodie friends! You can thank me later. 😉 especially since it takes NO time to make!
Ingredients for the most delicious corn and black bean salad
- 2 Cans of black beans, rinsed and drained.
- 2 Cans of yellow corn, drained
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced into small pieces (about the size of the corn)
- 1 medium red onion, diced small. (you can use yellow, or any onion at that- promise it won’t ruin the flavor!)
- 1/2 -1 jalapeño depending on the heat of the pepper
- 5 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder ( I use a mix of hot red chili from New Mexico and Chimayo chili)
- 1 -2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, all the spices, oil and vinegar in a bowl and combine.
Easiest crowd pleaser ever made. It can be kept out at room temperature for about 6 hours- Not that it usually lasts that long! Go ahead and bring this delicious corn and black bean salad to your 4th of July BBQ! Happy 4th of July buddies!